Enomaly Elastic Computing Platform (ECP)
- 1 Enomaly Elastic Computing Platform (ECP)
- 2 Unlimited Scalability
- 3 Strong Multi-Tenant Security
- 4 Automated Provisioning
- 5 Rich Integration with Existing Infrastructure
- 6 Flexible Cloud Service Business & Revenue Models
Enomaly Elastic Computing Platform (ECP)
Cloud Computing / Infrastructure as a Service Platform based on Libvirt API
Enomaly’s Elastic Computing Platform (ECP) is the answer for carriers and hosting providers, and their customers, who want to benefit from the power, flexibility, and economies of cloud computing. Over 15,000 companies use ECP to operate cloud computing platforms, deliver infrastructure-on-demand services to their customers and users, enjoy dynamic provisioning and scaling for their computing workloads, and experience the benefits of cloud computing for the enterprise.
ECP's carrier-class architecture supports very large cloud platforms, spanning multiple datacenters in disparate geographies. Self-Service for Maximum Business Agility Business users know best when their applications will experience peak loads. ECP empowers business users with a simple but powerful self-service portal, providing real-time monitoring and complete command and control capabilities over their cloud infrastructure.
Strong Multi-Tenant Security
ECP provides fine-grained multi-level access controls, enabling each customer or user of the cloud platform to access and manage only their own resources. Network isolation between multiple customers running workloads on the cloud ensures privacy, while enabling the provider the configure an unlimited number of private VLANs for each customer. A hard quota system protects the cloud against misuse or abuse.
ECP's provisioning rules engine is capable of determining the optimal location of each virtual application component. ECP provides the intelligence to ensure an application node is deployed to an optimal physical and virtual location. In addition, ECP is capable of directly modifying an offline VM image, thereby pre-configuring storage, networking, cluster state, etc. for quick deployments, including offsite migrations.
Rich Integration with Existing Infrastructure
ECP provides a rich customer-facing API, enabling users to automate the management of their cloud infrastructure, e.g. for integration with external SLA management or user experience management systems. ECP also provides a powerful back-office facing administrative API, enabling simple integration with providers' provisioning and billing systems and supporting automation of all administrative tasks.
Flexible Cloud Service Business & Revenue Models
When designing public-use Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platforms that are also cost-effective and revenue-generating, the difficulty lies in provisioning resources for both peak and low-volume usage periods while providing an agreed upon minimum service standard.
Enomaly’s ECP is based on two essential principles – oversubscription and quality-of-service quota management, which together enable powerful capacity administration. In a public cloud infrastructure, an oversubscription model depends on the ratio of allocated resources to the maximum peak usage levels, the frequency and volume of peak usage, and the minimum service level agreement. The key is to manage resources around the standard deviation from the normal usage benchmarks while simultaneously guaranteeing a particular quality-of-service for each customer.
Enomaly’s ECP quota system provides a predetermined level of deviation across a specified resource pool of customers. Service Provides can oversubscribe their environments allowing for a variety of pricing & costing schemes to be implemented using a model that incorporates usage tiers, quality-of-service tiers, and the ability to provision additional resources dynamically as desired.
- Multiple physical servers can be managed as a single virtual cluster
- Highly efficient user management core system
- Virtual application wizard to help facilitate the automation of cloud deployment and configuration
- Decentralized application repository (App Store)
- A web services API
- Manage Virtual Infrastructure on Linux, Microsoft, Windows, Solaris and BSD Guests
- Support for a Variety of virtualization environments including Xen, KVM, VMware
- Manage and scale a public computing utility such as Amazon EC2 into a quarantined virtual infrastructure ("Virtual Private Cloud").
- Provision any server in seconds, without downtime.
- Fully customizable and extensible infrastructure
- Cloud portability and interoperability
- Combine the resources of many servers into a single, seamless, sharable cloud
- Make data center resources rapidly available to any application without incurring provisioning costs and without disruption. Instant recovery and live maintenance
- Efficient correlation of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and virtual applications under one management platform
- Automatically scale to sudden and extreme spikes in demand using local and remote clouds (“Cloud Bursting”)
- Multi-tenet applications sharing resources when needed
- Build any size virtual application
- Automate remedial actions, as well as scaling up and down
- Interface your existing billing, accounting and user management systems with an open API.
- Support is provided for a variety of virtualization and data center management technologies